After cloth diapering for over seven years straight I have for sure come to know the best of the best when it comes to cloth diapers. Bummis is towards the top of that list. After being one of the very first companies to start the modern cloth diaper movement their quality, customer service, and product offerings are hard to be surpassed. I have one of their amazing diapers to give away to one of my lucky readers.
2 Reasons Why I love Bummis
Bummis just celebrated their 25th anniversary this past year and was started by Canadian moms sewing diaper covers after her littles were in bed at night. Over the past 25 years they have obviously grown substantially and are considered to be a leader in the cloth diaper industry. Here are just a few of many reasons they are so amazing:
- They are local. They have a manufacturing center in Montreal where all of their diapers are also produced with fabrics and components that also come from either Canada or the USA. They employ local people in their factory, two stores, and warehouses supplying local jobs and paying a fair wage. Not to mention the support they are giving American and Canadian textile producers.
- Their Support and Education is Top Notch. The amount of Youtube videos, tutorials, and even cloth diaper science they provide are all amazing. They take to guesswork out of cloth diapering.
5 Reasons Why I Love Bummis Diapers
- They are Affordable. Anyone who has ever spoken to me about cloth diapers knows how strongly I feel about not purchasing diapers made overseas. The biggest push back I get from that is that diapers made here are so expensive. Bummis makes cloth diapering with diapers from a local company completely affordable. A new mom can cloth diaper their baby with some seriously amazing Bummis diapers from birth to potty training for just a couple hundred dollars. I love that.
- They are Reliable. Having been around for over 25 years, they have perfected their design and they aren’t going anywhere. They are a staple in every veteran mom’s stash.
- Their Covers are Gentle. Bummis covers are the only waterproof covers I use on my newborns for several reasons. First of all their elastic is all encased in soft fabric keeping it off of my baby’s skin and the waterproof layer can be wiped clean. Second, their velcro is small, quiet, and still does the job. I have tried other covers and the velcro is always such a huge problem for me. It either is too rough and close to baby’s skin or is so loud when I undo the diaper it startles the baby.
- They are Innovative. I love following their Facebook page because they are always coming up with new products and American or Canadian produced prints. Today’s giveaway is their newest product: The Duo-Brite AI2. I love that they have been around for so long and are still coming out with new and exciting products. They also have an amzing line of the cutest swim wear for infants and toddlers including reusable swim diapers.
- They are So Cute. I just had to throw this one in there, because I absolutely love the prints Bummis have. It is rare for me to love almost every single print that a company comes out with, but there prints are always my favorites.
I will be giving away a new Size 1 Duo Brite Wrap in Green with a size 1 Duo Brite Insert. Another great video by Bummis shows all the features of this great product:
The Duo-Brite AI2 is super trim and absorbent as well as durable. It is a great option to fit nicely under clothes and is cost effective with only the inert needed to be changed and the wrap being reusable. It functions similar to a pocket or AIO diaper without the need to stuff or the bulk.